I'm going to have to think on this one for awhile ....

That works out to a 120' circle /hole (that I can see expanding to 160-200'dia circle) ... that is HUGE !!!

Are we just rewarding "Risky" tactics, ie "starboard tack boats" w/ chutes UP that will come screaming into that size mark rounding circle who drive "port tack boats" into the next county if not the next timezone. Remember the new 18.2C Rule ... the starboard boat will have rights to that WHOLE zone.

I don't know ... it seems awefully large ..... (I could actually turn a tractor trailer around in a zone that large ... now are we driving tractor trailers on a sailboat race course ???)

I actually think we will see MORE starboard tack/inside overlap protests ... if a port tack boat has to give TOO much room, they won't give any .... "I'm overlaped to the outside ... no ROOM ..." Having to round a mark leaving 100' puts you in the spectator fleet.

I'm not sure about this ... it seems all the faster boats want this .... so they can sail faster, out of control ... maybe we should be thinking/promoting boat handling skills and THOUGHTFUL/SAFE racing ..... I don't know if this the correct course of action.

Sail Flat, Sail Fast, Sail SAFE
Harry Murphey
H18MX/#9458,Fleet54/Div11
P19MX/#86, CRAC-Open Class