Originally Posted by brucat
The problem with men on cats had nothing to do with men, or cats. It was an easy target with little political support. There are a million interpretations of this situation, and how we've arrived at the current state, but that's what started it all.

The real question is, how do we dramatically improve those rather dismal Miami results to have any shot at a medal in Rio?

Mike

JC and Sarah did OK, even winning a race. Plus they won the event before against some of the same field...maybe peaked a little earlier? I'm not sure if Robbie and Catherine are in it to win it or? My personal notes:

1) The results are disappointing, considering this is the U.S.A's home territory, I expected stronger finishes from all our teams

2) Clearly the Italians, Australians and British have strong teams. I think that is one key ingredient we are lacking

3) Our teams NEED to be training in Europe. I wouldn't even bother playing this game if you don't have the financial resources for a 2 or even 3 boat campaign, with 1 boat in Europe and another in the U.S to use when qualifying for the U.S team. We saw a similar smack down at Nacra 17 Worlds this past summer. Most of our sailors just don't have the big competitive fleet experience of the Euro's. Take a look at Luke Ramsay's results; he's training with our team in Miami, but AFAIK also owns a second boat in Europe. Further, this was a light air event. What happens when the breeze gets cranked on for the teams that train more in the light (cough cough U.S.A) than the heavy??

I do think JC and Sarah realize #3, and are attempting to raise capital for a 2nd boat to be left in Europe. IMO, they are our best chance for this quad, but there is plenty of work to do.

Scorpion F18