Hi Mark, Lets look at it another way :
Both boats sail over the back of big wave, go bows down & pitch into back of next wave.

Heavy boat has more momentum with bows in the "going down" position, less "apparent" bouyancy. Oh yes, and a bigger engine !
I can hear the crew shouting "dive ! dive ! while the skipper dons his snorkel & mask.

Light boat has more "apparent" bouyancy, pitches into back of wave & slows down due to less momentum, allowing the bows to go into "recover" mode, where it`s bouyancy has a chance to start lifting the bows. Bows pop out & boat begins to accelerate quickly, resisting the capsize or pitchpole (more energy is converted to forward motion more quickly, so less energy is converted to the tendency to push the boat over sideways or forwards.

I`m sure Robbie Daniels knows what he`s talking about, but I don`t think we can compare two different hull shapes, platform widths & the major difference between sloop rigged T and Unirig Maerstrom boat, attached airflow will be influence greatly by this difference alone. Would be more fair to compare old 1979 Tornado with new 2004 Tornado to judge behaviour, I think the newer T`s have lost a good bit of weight.
Or take 1x Hobie 16, fill it with 50kg of lead, put up a Hobie Tiger rig, then compare it to the standard Hobie 16.
I think we all know the answer to that one, and no, I won`t test-sail it !

Cheers
Steve