To me, the Sandy Point set up is an improvement to the last place I lived (Salem, MA). The public launch was in Beverly, MA and was also named Sandy Point. The entire usable beach was about the size it is in MD. There were two jetties as well along with an old cement drainage pipe right in the middle of the beach that was just below the water at high tide. Once you go in the water you had about 50 ft before you were in a mooring field. after that was the main channel for Beverly's marinas and it was always full of power boats. If the wind was right you could sail out through the channel and make enough speed so the stinkpots wouldn't run you over. If not, then into another mooring field you go. Finally you were in open water.

So, Sandy Point in MD is much better than I am used to. Yes, vehicles must remain on pavement, so I bought beach wheels. The few times I've been there the trailer parking was used for trailers. The small beach area was crowded with people, most of whom did nothing to get our of your way when you were rolling a 400lb boat down to the water.

I've dealt with worse, but there could be some improvements. I am planning, weather pending, on being there this Saturday. I usually get there around 9:00 in the morning to rig and spend the majority of the day on the water.

BTW, thank you for getting that set up. If not for Sandy Point, I don't know where I would launch from. Podickery Point was very expensive, at least when I called and asked about pricing.

Nick

Current Boat
Looking for one

Previous Boats
'84 H16
'82 H18 Magnum
'74 Pearson 30
St. Louis, MO