Nothing personal Dennis, I just want to point out an issue to everybody who reads this thread and are using your post as an example.

I just think Opti's are boxy, slow and ugly. I actually like lasers very much, so I certainly don't just hate all monohulls.

If an opti sailor loving his boat and his sailing read the above, how would he feel?
I think we are too free with our thoughts on the forum. Posts with expressions like this pops up often, and that reflects badly back on ourself. I am sure we have Opti sailors visiting this forum and what would they think about catamaran sailors after reading this? Now Dennis was the unfortunate example (sorry Dennis) but I see the same happening between catamaran classes also. It is very easy to forget that this forum is open for reading for the whole world..

If you are about to go to the investment of building a boat, ask first. There are builders of Pixies, Quattros, F12s, F16s and whatever here. I for sure would not spend the money and time to build an "old" design like the Pixie today, but opinions will vary..