Oh yes, I would like to see the T keep its olympic status. It s a very good boat for the games and keeping it would not ruin any other classes. I do think that have become politically impossible over the last six months the way things have played out though.

I dont think the M20 design is something special. Construction yes, but not the design itself. I think we will see the Hobie Tiger as the next olympic multihull (if we manage to get back in the games in 2016) for the reasons I outlined in the start of the thread.

I was thinking the Hobie Tiger, if there is to be a olympic multihull again. My reasoning is from reading the selection criteria years ago and the following:

It must be a ISAF international class.
It must have double trapeeze and spi
It must be a OD class
It must look flashy and modern

Now that Hobie Europe is launching a new F18, it makes even more (political) sense that the Tiger gets the nod. Especially if Hobe throws some money after ISAF like providing boats for the games.
Personally what I would like is a wholly new OD class with multiple manufacturers and really stright class rules.
If it was the VX20 or the M20 who got the nod I dont think the number of participating boats at worlds, the "WC" etc. would drop a lot compared to today. Sure there are some weekend warriors who go to events, but look at the numbers when the T have gone outside catamaran heartland.
If we are to get back in the games we should forget about which boat and work with out MNAs to fortify multihulls there. AUS and NOR are both multihull supporters, but we can probably do more with our MNAs.