First, looks like the Miami - Key Largo was a great race. Can't wait to hear more details. Sorry, I missed it, stuff got in the way.

As to comments about getting rid of Portsmouth. You have a big up hill climb there. Changing the rating system will not fix it. Portsmouth is actually quite good as a system. Yes, if I had the power I would monkey with some boats. However, as someone who spends way to much time running races rather than sailing them, I can tell you race management is not interested in a new system until- You give (us) a manuel with a rating for every boat ever built. Right now Portsmouth is pretty close to that. We have a big race coming up with everything entering that has a sail you can stick on it. The first boat to sign up was some Hobie tri hull thing that you can pedal. So we start by telling them to take off the pedal things. What is SCHRS going to do for me? From the race management side, we just want to run a race. We are not interested in solving the worlds problems. For every 2 guys that even knows anything about the rating systems and wants a change, there are 4 others who want it left just like it is. Yes, those are the 4 that think they have an advantage, but why would a race committee want to use a different system that only rates a few catamarans and we will take a bunch of heat for the change? What about all of the monohulls? We have 200 monohulls racing and maybe 50 cats and you want us to use a multihull rating system?
Now on to the big picture, there are way to many variables for a rating system to contemplate, period. The boat designers do not even have the situation figured out. Take 10 identical boats and race them. You will have 10 different finishes. Now take those 10 people and put them on 10 different boats and now you want those ten people to finish at the same time using a rating system? That is what your "we need a different rating system" looks like to those that have spent a lot of time on both ends of the race course. Unforetunely, that boils down the whole rating discussions/ problems/ challenges.

Now as to the Miami- Key Largo Race...Those top ten finishers are who you need to look at as winning. All different boats in the top ten. Each skipper that sailed those particular designs did the best. So of those top ten, who do you think did the best with what they brought to the race? My point, we really do not need a new rating system to see who won and we never have. The results speak for themselves. I know I would not have beaten any of those top ten folks in any of those boats they sailed. If would have been fun to try though. Great job sailing folks.