Cary,

Can you give me a location of lake Marray as in so and so much miles of Columba in that direction. I can't find the place in any map of South Carolina.

I think we really must know what travel distance we talk about when we start hunting the Florida sailors to come out.

We know all the F-18 fleet well, We anticipate they will take this as a challenge and opportunity for comparison of boat performance.

Many thanks to the F18 sailors for seeing things that way. Besides as soon as we start blowing the doors of you guys you can always kick us out again !

But that won't happy too soon as some very good sailors are on F18's now and it will be quite a challenge to F16 sailors to just wack then on elapsed time.

With this in mind I want to react on the next statement :

We also assume this will either validate the F-16 claims of similar performance to the F-18 Class boats or invalidate them.

All in good fun I'm sure but we mustn't put Jeff and Robi under so much pressure. Jeff admitted himself that he has some ways to go and Robi is to receive his Blade this weekend and than has to work out optimial trim and tuning as well as hone his and his crews skills before Tommy Whiteside ?

It is too much to ask of them to sail the boat to its full performance on such backgrounds.

Besides we have had several first-in-wins events already with F16's on top. Surely not everything hangs on Tommy Whiteside to "fix things for once and for all" ?

Otherwise we are better off hiring an Aussie team for the event. As Jeff said.

On the other hand if we can get Jennifer or Matt out to that event. (Please don't be offended Chuck and Seth)

We hope to set a precedent for future cooperation between the classes at local events, at least in terms of being able to share the same courses.

That would be very nice. Let us all sharpen our teeth on eachother. I'm absolutely confident that in time all F16 sailors will proof their speed after being able to train a few times in such events.

There is no reason we have anticipated that the F-18 sailors would not agree, but we will respectfully honor their preferences.

And we will respect those.

Team SEACATS www.teamseacats.com will be sailing with almost all the TW F-18 Participants tommorrow, and should have an answer then.

Thanks for your efforts Cary. I just hope that South Carolina isn't too far away to get the Florida F16's to come out and play at 21 and 22 may.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands