Hi F18-Community,

we had a Hobie Wildcat build 2009 to test it out for five days now. My sailing-mate is/was seriously thinking about buying it.

1. By putting the boat together we found 40 to 50cm long hairline cracks in the edges of the inside sprayrails where the forestay wires are fixed.

2. My friend had to walk to the front on the hull while sailing. We both heard a cracking noise when he made one step. No visible damage.

3. At the end of our testing period - 40 hours, up to 5 Bt - we now found three bubbles one already open nearby the forestay connection of one hull. At the open bubble one can see that the gelcoat and the fibre are not connected properly.

4. If you put power on the mainsail by setting the main block under mid to strong tension one can see the two forestay holders in the hull inside coming out some millimeters.

Are this known "teething probs" or has anyone heard how Hobie treats the issue? My friend is really down now because we had fantastic sailing days with the boat. It sails like a rocket and moves great. Especially the downwind directions the boat seems to have no limitations at all and goes, goes, goes. But we have lost confidence. The dealer gave no satisfying answer yet and wants to talk with Hobie first.

Thanks for reading and your comments.

Bye, LF