So,

All this aftermarket chat is great about the sails. One question to answer is how are they to be measured?

I thought there was already a time frame for new sails; what's taking so long? Where is the new set of class rules stating the sail area and how to get there?

On the ratings, maybe the F18 needs to come down since it is always evolving and becoming "faster". The N20 has been the benchmark boat for quite some time in the rating food chain.

There seems to be a lot of blah-blah-blah on a dead class; all IMO. It would be easy to spell out a max head width, max luff, max leech, max foot = max sailarea and have at it on the mainsail! Just spell out the max sailarea for the chute(ISAF measure). The jib will take care of itself with the small triangle. Easy button here from an outside sailor.

I look forward to more debate(entertainment) and hope to see some interesting things on the water!

BC wink

"The election is over, the talking is done, Your party lost, my party won. So let us be friends, let arguments pass, I’ll hug my elephant, you kiss you’re a $$.”
Liberalism = A brain eating amoeba & a failed political ideology of the 20th century!