Jeff, I met David this morning as they were drifting by. He seems to be a nice kid with his heart in a good place. I understand he did very well - friendly ambassador for the young up and comers.

I heard the National Team will be announced in a couple of weeks.

Jake, we hardly ever get through a day of racing on the gulf coast without several course adjustments to accommodate a shift during a race. The easy way out is to watch the wind shift, laugh, and have another beverage. I was not brought up that way. I noticed at Tradewinds, a couple years ago, that they were enjoying steady breeze driven by a cold front and a tropical tradewind effect. That is really true in Hawaii, but life outside the trades requires attentive course management to maintain a fair and square race course.

In Miami, we performed several "yellow mark" and offset resets due to the time limit as well (+ or - trick) with the same axis (original upwind course heading).

Yesterday we lost one of the Swiss Timing transponders during a reset.

Actually Mike, the new ISAF marks are spheres with an inner bladder and outside skin. They are hard to inflate and deflate and present problems due to weight and complexity of transponder rigging. If they are too soft; they do not want to come in the boat. I can short tow tetras of any size, but these buoys are mean. They are easy to see, but they become a bear in a sea state.

Overall, we had a fine event that was conducted by international race officers with regional, national, and blue collar (like me), club race officers on all the mark boats. The Canadians play a strong role every year.

There were many youth teams present that are setting the stage for a strong USA effort during this quad.

JC and Sarah are stoked about their future in Europe and the SWC regattas forthcoming in 2014.

This regatta proved to be a great evolution for the art of catamaran racing in our nation even though there will be no USA team in the Medal Racing (-:

Headed home tomorrow - B