Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by jollyrodgers
... Also to be fair there are many women skippers that win against men. Maybe one will win a gold, but i am hoping that driving racing cats is one thing that men can do better. Kind of like wave sailing on windsurfers. We have so few things that we are better at i am grasping at straws here.

Dude...SMH. I'm sorry I defended you with an alternate interpretation. My last hope is that this is an attempt at humor.

And you did bring up a good point. Some women are strong enough to handle the job of N17 crew.
i did point out it's a bigoted comment. sort of half joking, but i think you will find there are plenty of olympic records held by men. There is a female saying: men are idiots and i do fall into that category. Prolly being good at sports doesn't mean men should run the world though.

Again, there was the initial reaction that women would be driving the N17s at the next oylmics meaning men would need to wait a dozen years for a shot at winning a gold in cats at an olympics.
It now looks like both men and women are getting a shot, but it would be more fair to the women to have their own division.