You have the boat scenario pretty much inline but you left out crew weight. Boats don't sail themselves. If you are capable you may be able to sail an extreme light weight without much problem in steady conditions. It maybe quite possible.

I would recommend you find three crew members that can vary your total boat/crew weight for three different wind conditions. Once you get used to the boat you can graduate towards the lighter crew weight.

I went from a H16 to a SolCAt 18 and then to a 1973 Tornado [US498] in three years. When I took my T out for its maiden sail I had a crew that weighed 105lbs and I weighed 170lbs. The winds were blowing the typical 10-20 with strong gusts. The second gust blew the T up so high that the lower rudder came out of the water. We were both leaning over the high hull so far when the boat came down we hit the water with our backs. This happened twice more before I could get to shore. I found a buddy and added an extra crew weight of 165lbs and went back out. We [3 crew] still had a hard time holding it down in the gusts but could have managed without the 105lb crew that day if single trapped [back then it was single trap and no spins]. The T weighed 279lbs.

Some may ask why the concern about capsizing the T. BAck then T masts had internal halyards and the masts weren't sealed. So when you capsized most likely tou turtled and broke every foam batten in the main. When I sold that boat I had three sets of battens [$365.00/set in the 1970s was more than some used cats bring today]. It would take a power boat to right the boat sometimes.

Even supertankers add ballast for stability; why shouldn't we???

fair winds,
thom